o Year: 2009 o Directors: Yasmin Ahmad, Khairil M. Bahar, Tan Chui Mui, Linus Chung, Ho Yuhang, Johan John, James Lee, Woo Ming Jin, Amir Muhammad, Namron, Desmond Ng, Kamal Sabran, Liew Seng Tat, Mussadique Suleiman o Genre: Documentary | Animation | Comedy | Drama o Runtime: 80 min (approximate) o Country: Malaysia o Language: Malay, Tamil, Mandarin, Cantonese, English o Subtitles: English (Hardsubbed) o IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1512689/ o Casts: (refer to details description)
Fifteen short films with socio-economic subject matter by 15 directors of Malaysia's "New Wave" and "No Wave."
15Malaysia is a short film project. It consists of 15 short films made by 15 Malaysian filmmakers. These films not only deal with socio-political issues in Malaysia, they also feature some of the best-known faces in the country, including actors, musicians and top political leaders. You may think of them as funky little films made by 15 Malaysian voices for the people of Malaysia.
TECHNICAL INFO (General) o Source: Official release (15Malaysia Website) o Type: Short films (Collection) o File Format: AVC (file extension: .mp4) o File size: 593MB (15MB - 65MB each) o Codec: avc1 o Resolution: 640x480 o Framerate: 25.00 fps o Video Bitrate: 981kbps o Audio: AAC o Audio Bitrate: 99kbps 44.1KHz
#1 Potong Saga
* Director: Ho Yuhang * Cast: Namewee * Release Date: 17 Aug 2009 * Runtime: 5:40 min
Synopsis: A laugh-out-loud film about a Chinese boy’s misguided attempts at opening an Islamic bank account.
* Director: Yasmin Ahmad * Cast: Sharifah Amani, Hon Kah Hoe * Release Date: 19 Aug 2009 * Runtime: 3:14 min
Synopsis: A quiet tale that reminds us that, despite the multifaceted contradiction of Malaysia, life goes on – even if not all of it is sweet.
#3 The Tree
* Director: Amir Muhammad * Cast: Y.A.B. Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat * Release Date: 21 Aug 2009 * Runtime: 3:43 min
Synopsis: Malaysia’s most influential spiritual leader Nik Aziz offers commentary on the virtuous and Islamic way to conduct ethical commerce in his inimitable style.
* Director: Linus Chung * Cast: Varma Arasu, Sukarnia Venugopal * Release Date: 24 Aug 2009 * Runtime: 4:52 min
Synopsis: An Indian boy is asked to build a model of his house at school. A tale on the social economic plight faced by many Indian Malaysians.
* Director: Liew Seng Tat * Cast: Adibah Noor * Release Date: 26 Aug 2009 * Runtime: 4:32 min
Synopsis: A very silly slapstick comedy demonstrating the proper Islamic way to slaughter chicken.
#6 The Son
* Director: Desmond Ng * Cast: Tong Yeon Choy, Leong Kuan Meng * Release Date: 28 Aug 2009 * Runtime: 4:49 min
Synopsis: A teenage Chinese witness to a racially motivated assault is being driven to the police station. A quiet reminder of the dangers of inter-communal suspicion and conflict.
* Director: Kamal Sabran * Cast:Kamal Sabran * Release Date: 31 Aug 2009 * Runtime: 3:42 min
Synopsis: A modern, poetic and beautifully constructed ode to Malaysia – its common people, places and enduring spirit.
#8 One Future
* Director: Tan Chui Mui * Cast: Tian Chua, Ida Nerina, Pete Teo (Narrator) * Release Date: 2 Sep 2009 * Runtime: 4:44 min
Synopsis: An edgy and powerful science fiction story of a society where everything is perfect, except no one is allowed to speak.
#9 Slovak Sling
* Director: Woo Ming Jin * Cast: Patrick Teoh, Harith Iskander, Wong Chee Wai * Release Date: 4 Sep 2009 * Runtime: 4:50 min
Synopsis: A Guide To Bribery. A comedic re-enactment of how one politician tries to entice another to switch party allegiance as DVD pirates look on.
* Director: James Lee * Cast: Azman Hassan, Daphne Iking * Release Date: 7 Sep 2009 * Runtime: 4:48 min
Synopsis: Two secret lovers rendezvous in a plush hotel room while TV news is read in the background. A dark take on apathy in Malaysia.
Synopsis: Interview With The Taxi Driver. The controversial head of UMNO Youth plays a taxi driver who is asked his views on some current Malaysian talking points. He ends up offering a keris to a Chinese boy as a gift.
#12 Duit Kecil
* Director: Johan John * Cast: Nam Ron, Ilya Qastalanni * Release Date: 11 Sep 2009 * Runtime: 6:24 min
Synopsis: A man finds himself without small change in a cheap brothel. Many arguments ensue and problems faced by the Malaysian common man are discussed humorously.
#13 Healthy Paranoia
* Director: Khairil Bahar * Cast: Baki Zainal, Dato’ Sri Liow Tiong Lai * Release Date: 14 Sep 2009 * Runtime: 5:17 min
Synopsis: An over-zealous public relations consultant advises the current Minister of Health how to discourage unhealthy lifestyles in Malaysia.
* Director: Nam Ron * Cast: Bront Palarae * Release Date: 15 Sep 2009 * Runtime: 5:10 min
Synopsis: A haunting portrayal of a pedophile preparing to hunt, interspersed with metaphors on the state of Malaysian politics.
* Director: Suleiman Brothers * Cast: Joseph Anthony * Release Date: 16 Sep 2009 * Runtime: 4:48 min
Synopsis: A Rojak seller’s take on Malaysia’s multi-faceted social political tapestry. Made entirely with CGI special effects. Visually stunning.
Note: Original file extension m4v. Renamed to MP4 for familiarity (working all the same). Just change it back to m4v if you want to play it on the iPod etc. Credit goes to me (PetomJL) for compilation only.
Looking for " Adults only " ( 2006 ), a short from malaysian director : Yeo Joon Han ; Amir Muhammad's movies ( " The big durian " ( 2003 ), " The last communist " ( 2006 ), ... : Ho Yu Hang's film " Min " ( 2003 ).
Maybe could you help me...
Thanks in advance.
12/02/2011 11.24 pm
I've always been active here and on euT >_< ... It is the forums I have let go of
Yeah they do seem deep...in a scary way...lol...
12/02/2011 05.26 pm
@DD Well, some of them are too deep to understand.... Btw, you're back!
12/02/2011 01.09 pm
Hmmm, some of these people in this documentary have issues...Viva Singapore! LOL JOKING! Thanks for the doco! >_<